Bea's Beauty Paradise Home Know Me Beauty Faves My MK Story Contact

7.31.2012

Garnier BB cream for oily skin...My summer must have!

Hello!


Today I want to talk about one of my favourite products for the past month an a half or so and a must have for everyone that wants to look good without too much trouble.

From Garnier's website
I believe you all know the original BB cream from Garnier. It came out last summer and there was a lot of fuzz about it being the first european BB cream. I bought mine at the end of the summer (more like october I think) and as much as I wanted to like it, it just didn´t work for me. 

Before I continue with the review, let you know that I have combination skin, sometimes more normal and sometimes more oily, and prone to have large pores and a little bit of acne like two times a month (conciding with hormonal picks and when I have more oily skin). 

Having said that, let's go back to the original BB cream. It had a nice consistancy and feeling in the hand, but then it felt heavy in the skin like it didn´t sink in and my face was all wet. Even if I have combination skin, I don´t feel I have to worry a lot about shine coming throug the day, but if a foundation is too thick or oily, my skin would directly "sweat it out". And with the BB cream this effect happened like half an hour after I've applied. Even if I applied too little, sacrificing coverage, or I used tons of powder. Bref, I used it two times, left it somewhere in my messy room and completely forgot about it.

When at the begining of this summer I saw the "New Garnier Miracle Skin Daily All-in-One BBCream for combination/oily skin" at the drugstore I jumped with excitement. Would it be better than the original?? I hesitated for a moment but I managed to try it in my hand and it felt so right that I bought it (No need to say that as soon as I came out from the store I started checking in my phone the reviews already out there about the product and I was very pleased with what I read!)

Note aside: it seems that garnier is launching in august another BB cream for Sensitive Skin (to reduce redness) and one Anti-Ageing (with skin firming ingredients).

The very first difference is the packaging, which I much prefer, and then the amount of product: 50mL the original with SPF 15 and 40mL the one for oily skin with SPF 20. The SPF is an improvement (separate sunblock is advised anyways) and about the amount since a little bit goes a long way,  it will last you for a long time.
Left: BB cream for oily skin;
 Right: Original BB cream.
Then, there is the consistency which is much lighter, kind of runny, but none the less really pigmented which makes it have a nice coverage: light but definitely buildable to medium. In the hand it dries out matte, but in the face leaves a really nice healthy glow without shines or looking oily. Not exactly dewy, but for sure a beautifull healthy look. 
Left: BB cream for oily skin;
 Right: Original BB cream.
It lasts in the skin for hours and if you use primer and dust some powder on top, needed in these really hot days, the coverage and staying powder increase. ADVICE: for extra coverage, mix with your favourite foundation, you'll get the best of both!! I have the light color in both versions. The original seems to be a little darker than the one for oily skin, but both of them oxidize a little bit so they turn out to be not as light. I feel like if they adapted quite well to the natural skin color.

The BB cream claims to be a miracle skin perfector, which gives immediately perfected skin. With Perlite anti-shine to keep skin matte for longer, blurrs pores and imperfections, evens tones + gives a boost glow, moisturises and has SPF 20 UV protection. 

I'm not sure if it is available in every country, at least I've seen it in Genève, London and Madrid so it shouldn´t take a long time to hit the stores everywhere. Prize is around 13 FCH, 8-9 £ and 10-12 euros.
BB cream oily skin + powder+ bronzer(no flash)
I haven´t tried asiatic BB creams or not even many of the european ones so at this point I can't really compare. I like looking good and having some coverage but I like to feel and look natural. That makes foundation my eternal nightmare. This product is lighter than medium to full coverage foundations, but very pigmented being better than a tinted moisturizer or even some light foundations out there. For me it's clear, I like it and I will buy it again when I run out. I'm sure it'd be a must have in fall and winter too. 

Without further do, I'll let you go. I apologize for the super long post, like you see I really like this product and I had lots to say about it!!

If you've tried it, leave your opinion, suggestions and friendly comments down below, share and subscribe! =D

1 comment:

  1. I like your ideas about above topics. Your Post covers most of all the points related to the topic.For more information about Beauty Products Visit at sleekhair Website.

    ReplyDelete