Bea's Beauty Paradise Home Know Me Beauty Faves My MK Story Contact

8.11.2012

Boots BOTANICS (The power of plants) Review

Hello!

Today I want to talk about some products I bought back in June when I went to London on vacation with  my boyfriend.

These products are from the Botanics collection at Boots. The packaging caught my eye and I found the prizes very affordable- I bought them 3x2- so I thought I could give them a try.
Purifying Face Scrub ALL BRIGHT
This cleansing scrub contains refining walnut shell to buff away flaky skin while crushed apricot seeds gently sweep away impurities. Hibiscus is a nature's brightness booster. Natural AHAs help leave skin smoother and brighter. 75 mL 3,99
I actually quite enjoy this scrub. The texture is very cremy and rich, but yet it doesn´t leave my skin feeling oily and the next day I can always tell that my complexion looks brighter. The only thing is that it would be more effective if it had more apricot seeds. I like face scrubs with lots (LOTS!!) of beads and I feel this one is just "ok" in that matter. So I use it in combination with a bit stronger scrub for days that I feel I need and extra boost.


Refreshing Eye Roll-On ALL BRIGHT
This lightweight gel is quickly absorbed to help reduce the appearance of dark circles and puffiness. The fragile under eye area feels immediately cooled and refreshed, while hyaluronic acid provides much needed hydration to dull, delicate skin. Hibiscus is nature's brightness booster and a wonderful hue of pink. Natural AHA's from the flower act as mild exfoliators to help leave skin smoother and brighter. 15mL 5,99
I don´t use this in regular basis simply because I'm lazy and I forget. But when I do use it, normally in the morning after a bad night and lack of sleep, I think it makes a huge difference!!I don´t have really deep dark circles, even in those bad days I have just a bit of darkness with some puffiness and I can see my eye area brighter after I've applied this. I've had the eye roll-on from Garnier and I think this one from Boots is more efective.


Mattifying Gel-Cream SHINE AWAY
Top pic: cream texture + extended crem
Below pic: cream texture + absorved matt cream
This ultra-light gel cream refines and tightens pores and reduces the appearance of imperfections. The clarifying formula delivers balanced hydration to troublesome skin, to reveal skin that is mattified and healthier looking. Non pore blocking. Willowbark is nature's champion clarifier. Excess sebum, pollution and old skin cells can clog up pores, resulting in shine and blemishes. The bark of the willow tree is a natural source of salicylic acid which helps to refine skin texture and actively target imperfections. 50mL 4,99 
I'm not quite sure about what I think of this cream. The cream is definately very light, it absorbs quickly and drys to a matt finish, it doesn´t feel heavy in the skin and it keeps the shine away quite well considering the warm weather. Now, I don´t think my skin is more balance in any way or my pores less visable or blocked or my skin more refine. It has not broke me out more than normal, but I can´t say it helps me to clear my skin when my it is a bit worse for other reasons.So honestly, I don´t know! There is supposed to be a version with Spf but I don´t know if I didn´t see it or I decided to skip it.

Boots "Botanicals" Claims
Our beauty scientists use active plant extracts approved by Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, to bring you beautiful skincare that's proven to work. We've taken steps to reduce our impact on the planet at every stage in this product's journey.
  • Formulated without parabens.
  • People tested.
  • Please recycle where possible.

Overall I think is a good brand and the prize range is unbeatable. Plus the fact that it contains natural ingredients makes me feel like I'm being good to my skin. I'm quite curious about the Radiant Youth Microdermabrasion Polish (*)(maybe this one has more beads) and the Shine Away Ionic Clay Mask(*). Too bad that Boots does not sell or ship in Europe outside from the UK. That's such a Pain because they have so much variety and good products at awesome prizes...

Guess I'll have to make UK friends to ship me things. I'll change them for Swiss Chocolate!! hahaha

Hope you all are having a great weekend!
Like always leave your friendly comments, feedback and suggestions down below. Share and subscribe if you liked it!



No comments:

Post a Comment