Bea's Beauty Paradise Home Know Me Beauty Faves My MK Story Contact

9.04.2012

Madrid part 1

Hola amigos! (Can I be more typical? haha)

I don´t know if you know, but if you don´t I will be telling you right now, I'll be in Madrid until next Tuesday.

I came to visit my family, specially my parents for their 25th wedding anniversary (Woho!for love 25 years after) and to celebrate with them my 24th anniversary. Both dates are one day apart...so yeah you can do the math =)

Madrid received me an hour latter, courtesy of Easyjet, with blue skye and glorious sunshine and 4,50€ metro ticket from the airport to my house (3€ more than 2-3 years ago...).



Every time I go back to Madrid I fall in love oncee again with the city. I really miss walking around in a place where distance becomes relative to me, full of life, full of flavours...



One of the things that bother me the most is when people- in particular french people- tell me that Madrid is ugly. The first time I heard that I was astonished.

 "Madrid, ugly?"
Where did you stay?
For how long?
What did you see?

Ah ok!!
so you were 3 days,
stayed in the old down town
and didn´t see even 1/3 of the city

ok, ok... so it's ugly!


I've had the chance to travel a lot. There are many places I've seen, tho too many still to visit, and that's why I'll understand there are some cities you can like more than others. But from there to postively affirm that having London or Paris the only reason that makes Madrid worth of a visit is the fact that is the capital, because if it has no river, lake or sea and nothing else why would you want to visit it?


Oh boy, French people sometime there are just so over themselves.
It's so closed minded.
And lame, lame, lame...

So if Madrid is not beautiful: Que baje Dios y lo vea.


These are just the pictures I took on my way home from an appoiment. 

But hey, maybe I got it all wrong. 

After all about different tastes there is nothing written.

Hope you are all having a lovely week!

<3

5 comments:

  1. Hola Beatriz. Te encontre en el blog hop y que gusto! Madrid es una de las ciudades en mi lista de los próximos viajes a seguir. De dónde eres? New follower here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell Madrid is beautiful from the pictures you took, I would love to visit someday. I found you on the Followers to Friends Blog Hop, I hope you follow back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! Found you thru the Followers to Friends blog hop! Happy New Follower!

    Tif
    Ramblings of a Southern Belle
    http://www.her-southern-ramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You left a comment on my blog but iwas unable to reply because you don't have your email set up. If you're interested on a design you can always email me and we can talk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO awesome! I've always wanted to go there!

    Thanks SO much for linking up for the last Find + Follow Friday! FINALLY following you back now via GFC ;) Hahah! Hope you'll stop by and link up with us this time :)

    ♥Nicole @ http://meandthem00n.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete