Bea's Beauty Paradise Home Know Me Beauty Faves My MK Story Contact

9.30.2013

L'Oreal Skin Perfection 15 Second Miracle Cleansing Oil - review

 

Let's talk a little bit about skincare today. That's a tricky subject for me because it seems that whenever I rave about the wonders of some miracle skin product, it stops working on me and I have to step back on my words (funny, eh?).

I've decided however to fight my own fears and start reviewing the many skincare items I am using at the moment - while crossing my fingers to keep waking up to more or less healthy looking skin. I really hope you are crossing yours too at this same moment! 

The product I'm reviewing today is L'Oreal Skin Perfection 15 Second Miracle Cleansing Oil. I bought this back at the beginning of august when we were on vacation in Istanbul (Turkey), hence the weird writing on the bottle. Funny enough, I actually thought I was buying one of their new micellar waters. Much to my surprise, it wasn't.


*I found this pictures on google and I'm using them for the sake of the review. Source*

After my huge fiasco with the natural cleansing oil method- if you want to read a little bit about that go here and here- I wasn't sure if I even wanted to give this product a try but I'm glad I did.

You can read the claims and description of this product in the pictures above. The bottle has an user friendly pump for perfect dosage of the product without getting it everywhere and the texture of the product is very light and runny. There is a light fruity scent to it without being too strong, that I enjoy very much. I find that 2-3 pumps are all I need to remove all my make-up. I first massage it onto dry skin for a few minutes. Then, I add a little bit of warm watter to emulsify it and massage it a little bit more. I remove it with some muslin cloth soak in warm water, but you could skip the cloth if you want. It removes everything leaving the skin feeling clean but not tight or greasy. In fact, I go through periods of dry/dehydrated skin and I haven't had one of those in a while. I don't use waterproof make-up so I can't say if it stands up to it claims in that matter.



I've been using it every single night since the beginning of August and like you can see in the first pictures I'm not even half way through, which is great! (I ONLY USE IT AT NIGHT) One of the downsides to this product is the fact that the first ingredient in the list is mineral oil. There is a lot of fuss about mineral oil being good or bad for your skin. After reading a little bit about it I came to the the conclusion that it really depends on how your skin reacts to mineral oil. I've been using this product for two months and except for a small hormone/stress/lack of sleep break out, my skin is in over all good condition. 

Would it be in better condition if I used another cleanser to remove my make-up? Who knows.
Would I recommend this product? Yes, definitely. Unless you are very sensible to mineral oil.
Would I try another cleansing oil when I'm done with this one? probably! I'm so hooked about how easily it removes my make-up and I find it works very well, specially with the cold weather coming up. 

Leave in the comments down below your thoughts about this product, if you have tried it. Also, I'd love to know what's your favourite cleansing oil of the moment. Is there one I should try?

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment